Ranked! The 5 Best Vehicles for Arizona Driving
Different Driving Demands
Driving in Arizona poses a unique set of challenges, unlike anywhere in the United States. East of the Mississippi, weather conditions like ice, snow, and salt cause vehicles to rust more quickly.
In Arizona, we deal with a lot of sun-related problems. Fading or peeling paint, and dry rotted tires are victims of the intense sun.
Dusty conditions and craggy, unmaintained country roads pose unique challenges. No matter where you live in Arizona, you want a vehicle that stands up to your driving conditions. Here's a little headstart on your research.
Choosing the Best Vehicle for Arizona Drivers
We took into account factors like reliability, durability, fuel efficiency, comfort, and performance. No matter where you live in Arizona, there's something for everyone.
1. 2023 Honda Civic
- If you live in a more urban area like Tucson or Phoenix, you might want to consider this popular and reliable vehicle. US News ranked the 2023 Honda Civic number one for small cars.
- The Honda Civic has consistently has long received high marks for customer satisfaction. There's also a hybrid option. If you're looking for impressive fuel economy and low emissions, consider the Honda Civic.
2. 2023 Chevrolet Corvette
- This isn't your best bet if you're looking for a way to haul hay back to the ranch - obviously. However, if you want a high-performance sports car that's well suited to Arizona's heat, the 2023 Chevrolet Corvette is a great choice.
- The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette is ranked as the #1 luxury sports car by U.S. News.
3. 2023 Hyundai Tucson
- The Hyundai Tucson is a compact SUV. It's versatile and practical, and well suited to growing families. Whether you're hauling the tribe to soccer practice or a weekend adventure, the comfort and cargo space may be just what you're looking for.
- Check out the hybrid option for increased fuel efficiency. Car and Driver ranked the 2023 Hyundai Tucson #1 compact SUV.
4. 2023 Ford F-150
- This versatile, reliable option can handle the rural or urban workload. Whether you're hauling hay bales, building supplies, or helping a friend move, this full-size pickup truck is a workhorse.
- You can also choose the hybrid option, which offers drivers more versatility. This was Car and Driver's number one pick for full-size pickup trucks.
5. 2023 Kia Soul
- The Kia Soul is a subcompact SUV. Car and Driver made this their pick as the number one subcompact SUV.
- Fun and stylish, the Kia Soul is considered a strong value. There is also an impressive electric option.
The Bottom Line
Depending on your needs, any of these vehicles are well-suited to the Arizona heat and terrain. It's always a good idea to consider Arizon'a's diverse driving conditions, plus your needs and preferences. Then dive into some virtual and hands-on research to choose the best wheels for your needs.