Tax, Text, and Transgender: 3 Arizona Laws Taking Effect in 2024
- 3 new laws are taking effect in Arizona in 2024
- Tax Rebates for Families, Do Not Text Ban, and Transgender Child Laws
- How will the new laws affect Arizonans?
3 New Arizona Laws Taking Effect in 2024: What You Need to Know
In the last two years, lawmakers in Arizona passed several laws that will impact Arizona citizens beginning in 2024. No matter where you stand on these decisions, they could affect you and your family in several ways.
Here's what you need to know as the new laws take effect.
Tax Rebate for Families
The Arizona Legislature carved out a $750 tax rebate for families. The rebate is part of the $2.5 billion state surplus and is aimed at providing relief for parents with dependent children to help mitigate the effects of inflation.
- The payment is dependent on the child's age.
- $250 for children younger than 17 years old.
- $100 for dependent children aged 17 and up.
- Up to three children per family can be claimed for the rebate.
Do Not Text Ban
Here's some good news. If you put your phone number on the national do-not-call list, your number will also be protected from text messages from solicitors.
- To add your number to the national registry:
- Call 1-888-382-1222
- Visit DoNotCall.gov
- Send a text message to 1-866-290-4236
New Transgender Laws for Arizona Kids
Two New Arizona Transgender Laws:
- Require public schools to only allow students to participate only on athletic teams that correspond with their biological gender.
- Gender reassignment surgery is now prohibited for children under the age of 18 years old.
This is just a small sample of the new laws taking effect in 2024. For more information, visit the Arizona Legislature website or contact your local representatives.
LOOK: What major laws were passed the year you were born?
Gallery Credit: Katelyn Leboff
LOOK: Do you know these 50 famous acronyms?
Gallery Credit: Rachel Cavanaugh